Nitrogen is extremely cold (-195.8°C or -320.4°F), and so it can 'flash freeze' food, resulting in minimal food damage. The 'rapid power of nitrogen' improves the food's taste, texture, and product yield.
For products such as vegetable oil and wine that are stored, the inert properties of nitrogen make it perfect for expelling any air entrained in the liquid ('sparging') and protecting liquids in storage tanks by filling the vapor space ('blanketing'). The end result: optimal protection from loss of quality by oxidation.
Nitrogen (and nitrogen mixed with CO2 and oxygen) is used in transport trucks and in Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP), to prevent oxidation, mold, insect infestation, and moisture migration and thus increase total shelf-life.SpeedGas supplies Nitrogen Gas in Sydeny and Central Coast. We supply Nitrogen for many uses and industries. We provide quality, value and service.
- Beverage Dispensing
- Motor Industry - Nitrogen is used in high performance car & bike tyres which limits trye pressure variations. Nitrogen in tyres keeps the desired pressure longer. This means better tyre performance and loner tyre life.
- Food / Liquid preservation - Nitrogen is used with food preservation. Nitrogen can be used in the purging process of sealing food in containers, cans, bottles and wraps wich will ensure maximum life span is achieved by the elimination of oxidisation
- Aviation - Aviation tyres are required to be filled with nitrogen as the increase in altitude would cause regular atmosphere air to expand and rupture tyres
- Laser Cutting - Requires nitrogen to be used in conunction with light beam in order to cut steel and other materials
- Motor racing / high performance tyres. Nitrogen is used to maintain steady tyre pressures for those who want stable performance across applications.